April 15, 2014

Mission #31, Day 2--Pastel and Dark Neutral

Another way we can wear pastels for Mission Week is to pair them with darker neutrals, like black here.  They seem like they wouldn't go well together, but they indeed usually pair well.

About a week ago, I had a strange revelation and I just had to call my sister to tell her about it.  It was weird and it was random, but it was kind of cool. 

So one of my sister and I's favorite movies is Now and Then.  If you haven't seen it, do it.  It's so cute.  A total chick flick with some great vintage fashion and killer classic rock.

So, my sister's name is Samantha.  My name is Robin.  My cousin, who my mom took guardianship of when we were in high school and is practically our sister, is named Tina.  And a really close friend of ours since way back when is Cat.

The main characters of Now and Then are Samantha, Roberta, Teeny and Chrissy.  So, basically just like Samantha, Robin, Tina and Cat.  Crazy awesome right?  Except I am not the same personality as Roberta in the movie.  I'm not, nor have I ever been a tomboy.  And I would never tape down my boobs.  But I was mistaken for Christina Ricci a lot in middle school because of the large forehead.  So similar.

Peach Sheer Maxi Dress (worn as a skirt)-vintage; Black Maternity Tank-Old Navy; Denim Cropped Jacket-thrifted; Tennis Shoes-Keds, thrifted; Feather Earrings-gifted; Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Bracelet- Bracelet-souvenir from Four Corners

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs