April 17, 2014

Mission #31, Day 4--Pastel and Bold--AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIELLE!!!

Continuing on with Mission Week featuring pastels.  One way to wear pastels is by pairing them with a bold color, like here with the green and mint.

Today my daughter turns 7 years old.  I can hardly believe it.  My only girl (possibly . . . so far at least . . .).  My baby.  My last born.  Seven.  Crazy.

Kaden was 7 days early and a 6 hour labor.  Conner was 5 days early and a 4 hour labor.  The midwives told me to be very mindful of any contractions because they were worried that the labor would be fast and that she would probably be early.

The day before her due date, I found myself at the midwives' office.  Not in labor.  Just hanging out.  Having a normal appointment.  The midwife tried to do some kind of maneuvering to get labor going.  And at 10:30 that morning, labor started.  Very slowly and, in comparison to labor with Conner just two years prior, pretty mildly.

And labor continued.  It was continual but not consistent, so I stayed at home--watched movies, took walks, ate, hung out.  My sister started a bath for me, but by the time I was going to get in it, I had decided that it was time to go to the hospital.

We got to the hospital.  I was still in labor, but wasn't progressing, so they put me on pitocin.  It seemed never-ending.  Fiiiiiiiiinally, at 11:57 a.m. the next morning, Brielle Sue was born.  On her due date.  Over 24 hours of labor later. 

As with the boys, her birth story is just like her.  She is independent--you can't tell her what to do.  She does things exactly as they are to be done down to the letter.  She is very serious and detail oriented.  The kids have been asking a lot about their birth stories as the new baby prepares for arrival.  When explaining the kids' due dates, Brielle puts it this way:  "Kaden was 7 days early, Conner was 5 days early," she explains.  "But I was perfect."

That's my girl.

Green Maxi Dress-thrifted; Mint Tweed Blazer-thrifted; Tassel Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Earrings-gifted; Polka Dot Tassel Loafers-Target

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs