September 4, 2014

Thursday Mixer--Elbow Patched Cardigan

Back when elbow patches were "a thing", I was obsessed with finding a cardigan with elbow patches.  I saw this one and fell in love immediately.  It looks just like a grandpa cardigan.  And I love that.

If you'd believe it I bought this baby in January of 2012.  It's still going strong as far as remixes but I might have to retire the ole lad soon as my big ole pregnant belly caused a hole to form in the side of it.  :-(  But I bought it for $24.  It's been worn way more than it has been shown on the blog, but as you can see it has been worn here 8 times.  This makes the price per wear $3.  

Top Left to Right- 1, Now, 3, 4
Bottom Left to Right- 1, 2, 3, 4 

Speaking of grandpas, mine is the best.  My mom's dad has been like a dad to me my whole life.  I love him with all of my heart.  This weekend I took my three younger kids up to visit him.  My brother, sister and nieces all came too.  In all there were six kids. 

It was noisy.  It was crazy.  It was messy.  But it was fun.  My grandpa, now in his 80's, loooooved having his grandkids and great-grandkids there.  Particularly, he and Reilly were like peas and carrots.

There is this promotion here in Colorado wherein every time the Rockies win a baseball game, you can get four tacos for $1 at Taco Bell the next day from 4-6.  How do I know about this?  I'm not a sports follower, but I am lucky enough to have a grandpa that will call ALL of his kids and grandkids the day after the Rockies wins and make sure they remember to go get their taco specials.

I have never partaken in the special--Taco Bell really isn't my thing.  But I do love hearing my phone ring and seeing that my Grandpa is on the line.  And if it's baseball season, I can almost always bet that he is on the other end telling me that the Rockies won.

I don't think Taco Bell is special.  I don't think the Rockies are special.  But my Grandpa is just about as special as they come.  I love him.

Black and White Striped Dress-Target; Knit Cardigan with Elbow Patches-Mossimo; Tennies-Keds, thrifted; Elephant Necklace and Spike Earrings-Charming Charlie's; Sunnies-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs