September 18, 2014

Thursday Mixer--Wide Cognac Belt

One of the coolest thing about blogging has to be meeting other bloggers.  Now, being in Colorado I have yet to actually "meet" as in face-to-face another blogger, but I get to know plenty of them virtually.  One of the coolest chicas I've "met" has been Lynne (also a paralegal and mom).

One day, out of the blue, Lynne sent me a package in the mail full of clothes that she didn't fit into or didn't want anymore.  A blogger's dream right?  It was so sweet!  I got this in January 2013 for free, but I've worn it eleven documented times.  Boom.

Top Left to Right-1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Bottom Left to Right- 1, Now, 3, 4, 5, 6 

And speaking of one of my favorite people, let me tell you why I love when my nine year old son, Conner, gets frustrated and mad.  Instead of throwing a fit and yelling and crying, Conner takes an analytical approach.

He's smart.  Very smart.  In fact, he just got into the gifted and talented program at school.  You will know that Conner is frustrated because he says so.  Very matter of fact.  "I'm frustrated."  And he will also say things like "Can I just express something to you without you interrupting, getting defensive or being disrespectful?" or "I feel like your level of stress is too high" or "I don't feel that it's fair that _______."

He has, literally since ten months old, spoke in full sentences.  He would never say "binkie", he would say "I would like my binkie."  Nothing gets by this kid, he remembers everything and he always uses his manners.  It's very hard to argue with him.

One day, Patrick and I were having a disagreement in the store and I said something snappy to him.  Conner turned to Patrick, puts his hands in the air and goes "Her words, not mine" and walks off.

This kid.

Mustard Cardigan-thrifted; Floral Beaded Tank-Kohls; White Skirt-Abercrombie and Fitch, thrifted; Nude Criss Cross Sandals-Marshall's; Elephant Cuff-vintage; Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted; Wide Cognac Belt-gifted by Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs