March 23, 2015

Make it Work Monday #10

This look, inspired by Hello Fashion, was one that I fell in love with immediately.  Luckily, I thrifted this patchwork leather skirt that I more than happy to incorporate into my inspiration.  I also threw in my "Olivia Pope coat" because when this outfit was worn, it was still cold!


I actually wore this to my second blogger meet-up at Mildred and Bernice.  It was a really fun time in a really cute shop with some really amazing stuff!  I can't tell you how awesome it is to connect with other bloggers. 

Unfortunately though, now I would like to talk to you all about something really serious and sad.  I am not sure if you are all aware of the horrifying story of the pregnant woman who was attacked when answering a Craig's List ad?

I don't want to talk about it too much because literally every time I hear about it, I get sick.  In case any of you did not know, this happened in my hometown.  It is literally a 5 minute car ride from where I live.  And it was the second stabbing incident within 24 hours here.

Well this story is enough to make anyone sick, but I think it hits parents especially hard.  The thought of someone attacking a pregnant woman in general is disgusting, but as a mother or father anticipating the birth of your child, it is absolutely horrifying to think of something like this happening to you or your unborn baby.

I only mention this because I want to plug in this way that you can monetarily help this poor woman in this horrendous time of grieving.  There is nothing that can replace the loss of a child, but one can only imagine the physical and financial torment ahead of her.  Thoughts and prayers for her and her family.

Grey Sweater-Forever 21; Leather Skirt-Express, thrifted; Grey Ruffle Boots-Kohl's; White Peacoat-Rue21; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs