June 5, 2015

Dear Frannie Friday--Deep Cleaning Tips

I hate cleaning.  I HAAAAAAAAATE cleaning.  And yet messes drive me insane so because I have 23 kids (ok, four but it feels like 23), I feel like I am cleaning all. the. time.  But it isn't often that I reaaaaaally clean.  Last week my weekly resolution was to deep clean my house.  But I didn't finish, so it has continued into this week.  Let me tell you, it is exhausting but wonderfully satisfying.  Here are just a few simple tips for cleaning that made it SOOOO much easier:


Oven

We have a gas stove which, I think, is actually much easier to clean than the electric ones.  But that doesn't mean that the burners don't get all nasty.  I've done this trick quite a few times on both our current gas stove as well as past electric stoves and it works like a charm.

Step 1--Put a generous amount of baking soda around the burners
Step 2--Microwave a bowl of water so that it is HOT
Step 3--Put two to four washrags in the hot water and then place them (WITHOUT ringing them out) soaking wet on top of the burners
Step 3--Turn on your oven's self cleaning option
Step 4--After the oven is done cleaning, the baking soda and all the yucky stuff will literally just flake off and be clean as a whistle!


Bathroom Grout

Step 1--Mix together 3/4 bleach (actual bleach) and 1/4 cup baking soda to make a paste
Step 2--Generously spread it on the grout
Step 3--Let it sit for 10-15 minutes
Step 4--Rub it off with an old toothbrush or rag
Step 5--Let it sit for about 5 minutes longer 
Step 6--Rinse it off with a handheld shower head or a wet rag


Blinds

I personally cannot stand the smell of vinegar, but it works, so you have to grin and bear it through this one.  If you just put an old sock over your hands and moisten the sock with vinegar, it will clean your blinds like a charm.


All the Little Things

The thing about deep cleaning is that you have a chance to get to the little things that usually get neglected.  So put those little magnets that the baby plays with into the dishwasher.  Take a rag to the baseboards.  Clean off the ceiling fan blades.  It's all little 2 minute cleaning jobs but in the end, it makes a world of difference. 

Wine Colored Jeggings-WalMart
Gingham Button Down-Forever 21
Military Vest-Old Navy
Leopard Print Slides-Target
Necklace-Kohl's
Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs