August 3, 2015

Mission #63, DAy 1--FLATS

When I got pregnant with Reilly and got sciatica I was forced to wear flats for the remainder of my pregnancy.  I was sartorially devastated because flats have a representation of being so . . . boring.  And low-key.  And casual.  And I was not enthused. 

But thankfully, the flats game has changed dramatically in recent years.  Now you can find cute pairs everywhere!  And you are no longer stuck with shorts or jeans when you wear flats--skirts, dresses and pretty much anything is game for flats these days.

So this week, it's all about flats--different ones you can buy and different ways to wear them.  I personally love these that I found at Target several months ago because they are such a clear knock-off of those cute little Chanel ones (for approximately 437 times the price . . .).

But I didn't love them at first because I am definitely a size 8 1/2 or 9--depending on the shoe.  I bought these on clearance in a 9 (and in too much of a hurry to try them on) thinking that there would not be any problem.  But I could not even squeeze my foot into them!  I went back to exchange them and all they had left was a 10.  There was no way, I thought, that these would fit.  But they did.  Perfectly.

And that just goes to show--ALWAYS try on possible clothing purchases.  Even if you are SURE you would never fit into a certain size or that you can't pull off a certain style.  Because you can really surprise yourself.  And as I get older, I am surprised by how much I still surprise myself.  It's pretty cool actually.


Flats-Target
Pleated Leather Skirt-Fevrie, c/o
Grey T-Shirt-Target
 Blue Cardigan-American Eagle
Bag-Bebe, gifted
Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs