November 20, 2015

Dear Frannie Friday--Scala Slouchy Beanie Review

There is nothing I love more for a fall look than a nice slouchy beanie.  I have searched everywhere for a good slouchy beanie.  Lucky for me, Scala offered me one to review--hooray!  And so here it is.  

Part of my issue with slouchy beanies is that I have such a large head (it's like an orange on a toothpick!--name that movie) that there usually isn't much slouch to them.  Another problem that I typically have with slouchy beanies is that to get them to slouch, you need to secure them to your hair with bobby pins.  And another problem that I have notice with slouchy beanies is that they are too thin and I usually end up feeling like Dopey from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

I was pleasantly surprised with this beanie.  It still wasn't quite as slouchy as I was looking for, but nonetheless, it was thick.  The band in particular was thick enough for me to wear this beanie ALL DAY without having to secure it with any bobby pins, which was a huge plus.  And it was soft, not at all itchy (which all beanies can have a tendency to be itchy, right?).  

And the fun thing about this beanie in particular is that it has a little bit of sparkle in it.  Now personally I find the sparkles a bit harder to style because it tends to take away from the boho/I rolled out of bed with this beanie happening to slouch in all the right places kind of look, but it is a lot of fun for the winter when it starts to snow.

All in all, I give the beanie 4 out of 5 stars and that is only because I am so picky about my beanies.  And part of that is because no beanie can truly accommodate my extra large Norweigan/Native American noggin.  Can't fault the beanie on that one.




White Peacoat-Rue21
Mustard Sweater-thrifted
Leopard Print Skirt-White House Black Market
Booties-Nine West, gifted
Bag-Liz Claiborne, giifted
Slouchy Beanie-Scala, c/o
Earrings-Kohls

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs